Monday, May 13, 2013

I Hate Luv Storys (2010)

Director: Punit Malhotra
Writer: Vishal Dadlani, Kumaar
Cast: Imran Khan, Sonam Kapoor
Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance
Duration: 129 Minutes
Country: India
Production Company: Dharma Productions, UTV Motion Pictures
Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMqu-QMF0JI


Well, I got my movie collection from my friends that I believe have a really great taste of movies. So, when I find out I have a foreign Indian movie, I expect it will be a great drama comedy like 3 Idiots. But when I watched it, it was clearly a cheesy unrealistic romantic comedy. There was nothing special at all.

It was about guy that does not believe in love story meets a girl that lives in a perfect love story. They hate each other, but “destiny”, in this case the writer and the director, makes them falling in love at each other. Well, it was not that simple, there is a problem here and there, but nothing essential at all. It was really predictable. You can tell the ending by watching five minutes of the movie.

The thing that interests me about this movie is about the transformation in Bollywood movies. Well, when I was a kid, I was forced to watch lots of Bollywood movies, everyday, because the person that was taking care of me really love to watch it. Most of the Bollywood movie at that moment is about revenge, poverty, greed, and many other desperate adjectives that really annoyed me that time.

But watching I Hate Love Story, I can say that Bollywood movie, if it was not the culture of India, has changed a lot. It is now really modern and adopting western culture. It was a lot like Indonesia if I might say. I cannot say it is a good thing. I mean those desperate things do annoy me, but I do not want India, that have an exquisite culture, forgot all about that.

And by the way, I hate the title. What is the point of using a bad spelling like that.

Rate: 3/10 

No comments:

Post a Comment